The Department of Agriculture in Region 1 together with the Agricultural Training Institute RTC 1, Philippine Rice Research Institute, other agencies, and local radio stations has officially launched the School-on-the-Air program on Smart Rice Agriculture “Makabagong Pagsasaka sa Himpapawid” this week.
The program targets 3000 farmer enrollees from 21 identified local government units in the region prioritizing those with less than 4 tons per hectare yield in rice production.
The SOA-SRA program aims to enhance the modernization of agriculture by sharing to Filipino rice farmers the modern innovative technologies of Climate-Smart Rice agriculture. Through the knowledge and skills that farmers will gain from this program if adopted on their farms can certainly contribute to an increase in their income and to the government’s goal on Food Security.
The program is now airing in the five partner-radio stations which are the following:
- DZWM Alaminos City, Pangasinan (Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 5:00 -6:00 AM)
- DWRS Vigan City, Ilocos Sur (Wednesdays and Thursdays, 4:30-5:30 AM)
- DZEA Laoag City, Ilocos Norte (Wednesdays and Thursdays, 5:00 – 6:00 AM)
- DZNL San Fernando City, La Union (Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 4:30 – 5:30 AM)
- DWCM Aksyon Radyo Dagupan City, Pangasinan (Mondays and Tuesdays, 5:00-6:00 AM)
Other than the radio stations, the episodes of the program can also be watched on the ATI Ilocos Region’s official Facebook page: ATI Ilocos Region.
The program will run from August 10 to October 10, 2021.
(Photo grabbed at ATI Ilocos Region FB page.)