MENU

cpar2

Among the papers that were qualified for the 2019 National Symposium on Agriculture, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research and Development (NSAARRD) under Development Category is the “CPAR on Integrated Rice-Based Farming System: An Approach towards Community Driven Agricultural Development Project in Ilocos Norte”, a project led by Mr. Mark Ariel Agresor, Science Research Specialist 1 of DA-RFO1.

 

The top winners of the PCAARRD Best Paper Awards presented their outputs during the NSAARRD for final selection.

This award has two categories, the research and development category.

Out of the several entries under each category, contenders were reduced to three (3) because of the PRE-NSAARRD Evaluation by the PCAARRD Internal and External Screening Committee wherein 90% of the finalists' total scores will be coming from and the other 10% will be taken from their presentation during the symposium.

Held on April 29, 2019 at DOST-PCAARRD, Los Baños, Laguna, the NSAARRD serves as a venue for the national agriculture, aquatic and natural resources research and development network (NAARRDN) to promote their breakthroughs that intend to boost the agriculture, aquatic and natural resources research sector of the country.

Winning papers for both categories will receive P150,000, P125,000, and P100,000 for first, second, and third prize, respectively while the winning consortia and implementing agencies will receive P10,000 each.

Recognition and awarding of winners will be announced on the forthcoming 8th PCAARRD anniversary celebration on June 19, 2019 at Philippine International Convention Center, Pasay City.

Present to support Region I's entry through Mark Ariel Agresor's presentation were DA-RFO I Regional Executive Director Lucrecio R. Alviar, Jr., Regional Technical Director for Research & Regulations Orlando J. Lorenzana, R&D Division head Dr. Jovita Datuin, Assistant R&D Division head and Chief of Staff Ms. Gloria C. Parong and the partner LGUs and farmer cooperators of the project.

cpar cpar3

Back to Top